Vanguard Audio Labs was created with one goal – to give you great affordable tools so you can make great music.
In the past, members of our design team have created studio microphones and monitors that are used by world-renowned artists, engineers, and producers (including Taylor Swift, Herbie Hancock, Robert Plant, Randy Bachman, Buddy Miller, Nathan Chapman, Ray Kennedy, Lady Antebellum and many others…)
We’re lucky to be doing what we love – designing and building great, affordable recording tools. Although Vanguard Audio Labs is a new creative venture, our core team has over a century of combined experience in the music industry. Every one of us is an engineer, musician, producer, and lover of all things audio. Early in our careers, each of us has been frustrated by the desire to own better recording tools… but the really great microphones were overwhelmingly expensive. We started Vanguard Audio Labs to help you make music, and to bring your music to life by building superb products that won’t break your bank account.
The Vanguard V1+Lolli Pencil Condenser Kit is a multi-capsule FET pencil condenser microphone. Lovingly crafted by experts over several years, it is designed to be a versatile, reliable, professional tool for any recording engineer, studio, producer, or artist. Five total custom-voiced capsules – in both small- and large-diaphragm formats, and with multiple pickup patterns – allow for a cornucopia of tonal variations for virtually any sound source or recording situation. With a “straight-wire” circuit design, premium cryogenically-treated FET components, an unparalleled selection of capsules, and a heavy-duty VSSM shock mount, the V1 will be your new studio workhorse.
Vanguard designed the V1 with the character and versatility of iconic pencil condensers in mind, while also utilizing modern technology & design to meet the demands of today’s recording professionals.
The V1 kit was created to be an incredibly flexible and adaptable microphone system.
Small-diaphragm capsule – Hypercardioid
• Small-diaphragm capsule – Omnidirectional
• Small-diaphragm capsule – Wide Cardioid
– not only have different pickup patterns but different voicings as well, allowing for a variety of instruments and scenarios. Additionally, the PATENT-PENDING V34C “Lolli” multi-pattern large-diaphragm capsule assembly is included. The Lolli houses a 34 mm custom-voiced dual-capsule assembly with two switchable pickup patterns, making the V1 even handier.
After hundreds of hours of listening and testing exhaustive design variations with world-class engineers, this microphone vastly exceeds the performance of other pencil condenser microphones in its price range, and rival the performance of microphones costing several times more.
- small-diaphragm 22 mm capsule assemblies
- Large-diaphragm V34C “Lolli” multi-pattern capsule assembly
- Transformer-balanced solid-state circuit
- Ultra low-noise high-quality hand-biased JFET and other premium-grade components
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal & power path components
- Transformer-balanced output – custom-wound humbucking dual-bobbin transformer
- Works via 48 V phantom power
- Heavy-duty brass, aircraft-grade aluminum, steel, and zinc construction
- Each V1 comes with its own laser-engraved serial number
- Over-spec components
- Deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- Final Assembly & 100% Quality Control in California, USA
- 5-Year Warranty